Early Childhood Intervention
I completed my studies at the University of western Sydney
Bachelor of teaching- early childhood (2003)
Bachelor of education- Special education (2004)
I have worked in respite, social access, and personal care while I completed high school and university.
Since finalizing my qualifications I have worked in various educational roles, early childhood settings, department of education classrooms, and for the last 6 years as an early intervention specialist teacher in private practice. I have enjoyed working at Augmentia Health since July 2018.
I work with children and their families in clinic, home, educational setting and within the community:
- helping children get ready for school
- developing an understanding of emotions
- helping teachers in early childhood and primary schools to support
- children within their care
- helping families to understand their child’s new diagnosis
- helping families to set boundaries and routines
- creating individual visuals