ABOUT – NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers.
Accessing counselling and psychology through the NDIS will ensure that you receive the support that is best tailored for your needs whilst the quality of the service isn’t compromised. As you receive individualised funding through the NDIS according to your assessed needs, the financial side of things will be taken care of through the scheme and you can fully concentrate on working towards your goals.
Augmentia Health’s mission is to provide NDIS services for our clients is informed by the following values:
- Respect – We embrace the individual’s right to be empowered to live the life they choose
- Collaboration – We create strong partnerships through open communication, mutual respect and trust
- Innovation – We commit to continuous improvement and are responsive to individuals through creative solutions
What can you expect from your Augmentia Health NDIS Psychologist?
- Your NDIS psychologist will focus on your individual journey and goals. They will recognise that it is you who is taking centre stage and will follow your lead
- When working with a psychologist at Augmentia Health we usually start by exploring what it is that you would like to achieve. Together we can create a plan that contains your goals and this will be the basis of our work together. These goals are a great way to measure progress but can always be adjusted along the way to suit your needs and circumstances should they change during our time together
Augmentia Health is a disability service provider for people who are accessing individualised therapy supports through the NDIS. We believe that counselling and psychological support for a person living with a disability is a very important component for greater wellbeing.
We provide services for Self-Managed, Plan-Managed NDIS funding and NDIS-Managed funding.
Both our Provisional and Registered psychologists are NDIS providers with a wealth of experience in disability services.
Common NDIS funding items include:
- Individual counselling – Facilitating self-knowledge, growth and personal goals
- Behaviour management plan, training in behaviour management strategies – pending approval.
- Individual Assessment, Therapy and/or Training
Our NDIS psychologists can help you to:
- Identify and work towards new goals
- Find relief from negative feelings
- Feel more independent
- Reduce the impact of anxiety and depression in your life
- Find new tools and techniques for coping with challenges
- Manage mental health problems by creating a plan, offering support and treatment with a skilled psychologist
- Improve your social skills to develop and enhance your relationships
Have any questions relating to the NDIS? Call our friendly team on 1800 683 442 and we can answer any questions you may have specific to your situation.