B.Psych (Honours), M.Prof.Psych
Mahalia has been practicing as a psychologist from 2018 and works with both adults and adolescents across a range of presentations in private practices, aboriginal public mental health, lifeline face to face service, and . Prior to this Mahalia has been working with children, adolescents and adults with disability from 2015. Mahalia also has experience across a broad range of assessments and therapeutic interventions.
Mahalia is passionate about empowering those who are struggling. She has particular aspirations and experience to assist those in crisis, suicide prevention, adults, children and youth, emotion regulation, social skills, neurodiverse populations, personality disorders, domestic violence, disability populations, foster care populations, depression, and anxiety.
Passionate about enabling change, Mahalia utilises an eclectic approach drawing on aspects of cognitive behaviour therapy, trauma informed therapy, attachment theory, dialectical behaviour therapy, mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy, and play therapy techniques to enable therapeutic outcomes. Mahalia is described to have a friendly and warm personality with a focus on client strengths and therapeutic relationship in her approach.
Mahalia enjoys training and walking her dog, exploring and bush walks, reading, painting, sci-fi and fantasy movies/tv shows, and video games. She loves science and decorates cakes in her spare time.
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
A wide range of presentations including but not limited to: anxiety disorders, mood disorders, grief and loss, relationship difficulties, self esteem and assertiveness, adjustment disorder, school and university stress, communication skills, neurodiverse populations including autism spectrum disorder, peer difficulties, trauma, panic and distress, suicide prevention, bullying, emotion regulation strategies, work stress, and social skills.
- Primary School Children
- Demystifying trauma recovery: Application of the 3-phase trauma therapy model (2020)
- The Heart and Practice of Child Centred Play Therapy. Play Therapy Australia (2019)
- ICDL DIR Floortime 101 (2019)
- Domestic Violence Alert Online (2018)
- Trauma Focussed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2018)
- Lifeline Hunter Central Coast Counselling Course (2018)
- Lifeline Condensed Accidental Workshop Foundations (2018)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2018)
- Introductory Acceptance and Commitment therapy workshop (2017)
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy online (2017)